Cite and Share
This page presents simple listings of selected reference materials such as arguments and information already present on the Web to be shared, or cited in your own presentations of arguments and information.
Please feel free to suggest additional copyfree related links and works, if you know of reference materials elsewhere on the Web that should be listed here, by way of the mailing list or community IRC channel (see the community page of this site for details). Submissions may not be included if they are deemed unsuitable for inclusion. Note that inclusion here is not an endorsement of the views presented in the work itself; it is merely an acknowledgement of the relevance of the work to copyfree policy and related issues.
- Intellectual Property and Innovation Video Library by V for Voluntary: Niels L.
Articles and Essays
- Advancement Through License Simplicity by Chad Perrin
- Against Owning Information by Niels L.
- Ahimsa: Sita Sings the Blues now CC-0 "Public Domain"
- BSD/Copyfree vs. Corporate Copyleft by Chad Perrin
- Chomsky on "Intellectual Property" on alt.fan.noam-chomsky
- Choose the Right Licensing Model for Security Software by Chad Perrin
- Code Reuse and Technological Advancement by Chad Perrin
- Copyfree vs. Copyleft at WikiVS
- Copywrongs by Samuel Edward Konkin III
- Do Patents And Copyrights Undermine Private Property? by Ilana Mercer
- Does GPL Hurt Free Software? by Martin Sústrik
- The Economic Case Against the GPL by Eric S. Raymond
- How Things Would Work In A Copyright Free Universe by Ilana Mercer
- The Issue of Copyright by Curt Howland
- Legal Considerations When Using Free Software in IT Consulting Projects by Sterling Camden
- RANTIFESTO by Nina Paley
- Software Licenses by the Public Software Group
- The Surprising History of Copyright and The Promise of a Post-Copyright World by Karl Fogel
- What Is Free Culture? by Karl Fogel
- What Is Free Software? by Karl Fogel
- Why you should use a BSD style license for your Open Source Project
- Against Intellectual Monopoly by Michele Boldrin and David K. Levine
- Against Intellectual Property by Stephan Kinsella
- Information Feudalism by Peter Drahos with John Braithwaite
- Intellectual Privilege: A Libertarian View of Copyright by Tom Bell
- The Great Debate on Intellectual Property (Cato Policy Report XXIVn1) [PDF] by Tom Bell and James V. DeLong
- Why Copyfree
- Why Piracy is Good and Copyright Sucks: An Excerpt From "Sell Your Own Damn Movie!" by Lloyd Kaufman