The license status of some works may be more complex than it at first appears here. In some cases, the license status listed for a given work is the "primary" license under which it is distributed. In several cases, parts of the work may be distributed under other licenses -- potentially even non-copyfree licenses.
Where present, descriptions are typically drawn from the claims of the projects themselves, and represent neither claims nor opinions of the Copyfree Initiative. Inclusion here (with or without description) does not constitute, and should not be inferred as, endorsement of any project.
Listings are presented for informational purposes only, and no representation is made as to the accuracy or utility of any information provided. Use at your own risk.
To filter the list, click either the + or - link for a given tag.
+: Clicking the + link will include only works that are tagged with that term.
-: Clicking the - link will exclude only works that are tagged with that term.
There are presently two ways to submit a work:
- Join the IRC channel (see community resources) and tell apotheon about the work. Make sure you provide both the address for whatever serves as an official homepage or source for the work, and the address for an authoritative source for the license terms of the project.
- Use the (temporary) measure of visiting the CopyfreeWorks repository, forking it, editing the datafile, and submitting a pull request. See the CopyfreeWorks README for more details on how to do this.
Dupli-QR permalinkLicense Reference
- COIL + Apache License 2.0
MicroMechBoard permalinkLicense Reference
MicroMechBoard is the teensy code for Will Yager's custom mechanical keyboard project.
- Revised BSD License + MIT/X11 License + LGPL
Ngspice is a mixed-level/mixed-signal circuit simulator.
- Revised BSD License + public domain + MIT variant licene + LGPL
NuttX is a real-time operating system (RTOS) with an emphasis on standards compliance and small footprint. Scalable from 8-bit to 32-bit microcontroller environments, the primary governing standards in NuttX are Posix and ANSI standards. Additional standard APIs from Unix and other common RTOS's (such as VxWorks) are adopted for functionality not available under these standards, or for functionality that is not appropriate for deeply-embedded environments (such as fork()).
- Revised BSD License
Pharo is a pure object-oriented programming language and a powerful environment, focused on simplicity and immediate feedback (think IDE and OS rolled into one).
- MIT/X11 License + Apache License 2.0
Sonic PipermalinkLicense Reference
Sonic Pi is a music synthesis programming language, simple enough for computing and music lessons, but powerful enough for professional musicians.
- MIT/X11 License
Yasm is a complete rewrite of the NASM assembler under the Revised BSD License.
- Artistic License + Revised BSD License + Simplified BSD License
- GPL + Revised BSD License + Simplified BSD License
- LGPL + Revised BSD License + Simplified BSD License